Email marketing is the best form of marketing where you get the most return in comparison to your investment.
But the thing is we are not active all the time, so it’s impossible to reply to all the subscribers joining your email list immediately all the time.
This is why you need email autoresponder software.
An Email responder’s responsibility is to send a thank you or welcome message as soon as they join the list and send them values from time to time without fail.
So you can understand how important an email autoresponder is for Affiliate Marketers.
Making one mistake to choose the wrong service can be of a hell lot of problems for you.
This is why in this article we are going to guide you to make a decision about which service to choose and which one you should avoid
- What is an autoresponder
An autoresponder are a set of emails which are sending automatically when they are triggered by the rules you set.
Most of the time the trigger is set when somebody subscribe to your email list and then the process of sending emails automatically start.
You can set your own rules and decide at what interval email would be send and depending upon the software you choose for Email Autoresponder the more customization you can do to your emails.
How autoresponder Works?
Why you should use an autoresponder?
As the popular saying goes “the money is in the list”
If you keep your list happy then they will do the same. If you have an email list then you will have to provide them value and offers from time to time. If you don’t do so then they won’t hesitate to unsubscribe you.
This is why you should have a series of mails ready which will be automated when someone subscribes to your email list.
And if you are an affiliate marketer then a pre-planned funnel is your best friend. And you should know the benefits of using autoresponder which I have mentioned below.
Benefits of Using an Autoresponder for Affiliate Marketing
There are countless benefits of using an autoresponder it will ease your affiliate marketing efforts and save you a lot of time. Here are the few benefits of Using an Autoresponder.
- It helps you to build a relationship
Building a strong relationship with your customer is very important otherwise they will leave. The best way to build a good relationship with your subscribers is to provide them the value for which they have subscribed to your list.
- Provides analytics to measure results
Analytics says a lot about the type of subscriber you have on your list. How many of them open your emails, how many of them click on the links, whether they are delivered or not, and much more analytics.Enter your text here…
- Saves your cost and time
The work done by these tools efficiently can’t be done by a person. Also, the cost of managing these automation tools is very less compared to the salary of the person you will hire for that work.
You won’t have to review the employees’ performance which would have taken you a lot of time.
What’s makes autoresponder affiliate marketing friendly?
There are many email autoresponder services available in the market that promises to do the same work for you.
But after using the service of many email autoresponder we come to the conclusion that all of them are not affiliate friendly.
This means that they don’t like you sending emails with your affiliate links on them and may ban your account for doing so.
And there are many things you should keep in mind when you select an email autoresponder for your reputed company;
Some of those points are mentioned below which you should take into consideration when you choose an email autoresponder.
The risk to be banned
Many email autoresponder services like MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, MailerLite are not so good for doing affiliate marketing as they are very against affiliate links and they are likely to suspend your account if they see something wrong.
The E-mail delivery rate
This is the most important thing for email marketing. You should always keep an eye on the delivery rate and where they are delivered.
If they are delivered to the spam folder or the promotional tab then your subscribers are less likely to open them. In short less delivery rate, less commission you get.
When it comes to deliverability rate GetResponse is on the top of the list, they have a deliverability rate of 99% which is the best rate compared to others.
Easy to use
If you go for a cheap autoresponder with amazing features but you don’t understand how to use them or they are very complicated then there is no point sticking with it.
You should always use their trial period before going into them completely.
Tips for choosing best Autoresponder
Check whether it has all features you need
In email marketing, an autoresponder is not the only feature you should look for. All autoresponder provides the same features but they have a unique feature that makes them stand out from others.
Use a free trial if available
Before you pay make sure the service provider you are paying for meets your need.
Taking advantage of the trial period is the best way to know how an autoresponder works, what its features are, and where they lack.
First, you should try multiple autoresponders then it will be better for you to decide which one you should go for.
Easy-to-understand user interface
As I already mentioned that if you don’t understand then it is worthless to pay for it. This is why you should use it first in the trial period and check whether you are comfortable using it or not.
fit your budget
Autoresponder costs a lot but they provide value for money. But you should consider whether it fits your budget or not.
If you pay more than you are earning then you will be at loss.
Keeping in mind the above points here are the 5 Best Autoresponders
List of best 5 autoresponders you must use for affiliate marketing
- 1. ConvertKit
- 2. GetResponse
- 3. Aweber
- 4. Drip
- 5. SendLane
- ConvertKit (our best recommendation)
ConvertKit is one of the most dominant email marketing software out of all the autoresponder available in the market.
ConvertKit has developed its autoresponder keeping in mind the content creators which includes bloggers and podcasters.
Convertkit used to be way down the list but with recent changes and amazing features, they boosted their customer service and became the top email marketing software and also our top pick.
ConvertKit has started offering a free plan!
Yes, now they offer a free plan but it is not displayed publically. On this plan, you will get 100 subscribers to test this platform before paying for it.
It is not a free trial because free trill is for few days but this free plan is for a lifetime (till you reach 100 subscribers)
This is the best way to test this platform very closely and start building your list fast.
Pricing of ConvertKit:
|Product Number of Subscribers||Monthly Pricing ($/Month)||Monthly Pricing($/Month)|
|Over 5K Subscribers||Starts at $99||Starts at $83|
Pros and Cons of ConvertKit
- Easy to learn and use
- Easy to integrate with WordPress
- Live chat and email support
- A landing page builder is also available
- Easy-to-read format of Analytical reporting
- Reliable customer support is available.
- Limited A/B testing functionality
- Lack of template customization available
- Forms can’t be customized as compared to other software.
- They don’t offer advanced features as other providers.
GetResponse is one of the best email autoresponder software and it is the world’s easiest email marketing software to use with tons of professional features.
They integrate well with top affiliate platforms like JVzoo and Warrior Forum.
You can also integrate it with 100’s of different services which includes Facebook, YouTube, Google Analytics and many more.
GetResponse is best because it provides a spam-free solution and its deliverability rate is over 99%, which is the highest deliverability rate compared to other email autoresponders in the market.
Best features of GetResponse include:
- Landing pages designing
- Hosting Webinars
- Sign up forms
- A/B testing
Pricing of GetResponse
Pros and Cons of GetResponse
- 1 month of free trial and credit card details is not necessary.
- Best support to their customers
- Easy-to-use tracking tool with Google Analytics integration.
- Landing page creator
- ‘Autofunnel’ feature for centralized management of eCommerce.
- Provides huge discounts compared to its competitors.
- Excellent marketing automation functionality
- Email opt box has no pop-up setting, this can be frustrating
- A drag-and-drop interface is not up to the mark.
- There’s a hard limit of 500 webinar attendees.
- There’s no 2-factor authentication at login
- Phone support is no longer provided.
- No refunds on annual plans upon cancellation.
- Landing pages are not free.
Aweber Company is the first company to provide email autoresponder service to its customers. This means that they know the market better than the others.
Being the oldest they have been improving themselves continuously over the time.
The best part is they are also affiliate friendly so there is no chance of your account getting banned.
Aweber has a drag and drops feature which helps you to create follow-up campaigns for your subscribers. But the problem is that you can’t create a landing page with it.
There are so many features Aweber offers that helps you a lot to grow your email list and build a better connection with your subscribers.
List of features Aweber offers:
- Drag and drop editor
- Automation flow using tags
- Sign up forms
- Easy to implement tracking code
- Mobile apps
The best thing about Aweber is that an entirely free version is available. On the free version, you will be able to use most of the features of Aweber.
This is available till your mailing list has less than 500 subscribers. When your list crosses 500 subscribers you will have to opt for the paid plans.
Pricing of Aweber
Pros and Cons of Aweber
- A 1-month free trial is available.
- They have an easy-to-use interface.
- Wide range of templates to customize your email and website and make it look beautiful
- Fantastic customer support.
- Affordable pricing for low budget marketers.
- File format Like CSV, TXT, XLS, XLSX, is supported
- There is a choice between a single and double opt-in to avoid spam
- Responsive Email templates
- A wide selection of analytical reports.
- Some templates are outdated.
- Cheaper options with more features are available in the marketing automation department.
- Multiple segments can’t include or exclude at once when sending an email or newsletter.
- Multiple segments cannot be included or removed when sending an email.
- Where every automation software has a free trial plan AWeber does not have any.
- There are restrictions to use few keywords on the emails otherwise account can get banned.
The second last on this list is Drip which is popularly known for its best customer service.
But if you are an absolute beginner in email autoresponder then I won’t suggest you go for Drip as it is very advanced automation software and it will get messy for you.
If you have experience then it will work best for you as they are very affiliate friendly, and their main focus is on being a top email autoresponder for eCommerce.
The best thing about drip is they offer a two-week free trial on which you can test Drip and check whether it fits your need or not.
But after the trial period ends they will charge $29 per month for 550 to 2000 subscribers.
How to run an email campaign in 10 steps with Drip
The success of any business’s email campaign depends on its content. We are able to break this down into detailed steps and they are as follows:
- Build trust and credibility with your subscriber before you make affiliate pitch
- Research about your audience and who they are
- Find out the need of your subscribers
- Segment your visitors into categories
- Create your email marketing funnels based on factors like behavior, action, and triggers
- Create email content that helps your audience and provides values
- Edit your email content regularly to make it perfect
- Add call-to-actions at the end of every mail (CTAs)
- Test all your campaign and keep an eye on the analytics
- Finally, launch your campaign
What Makes Drip Unique?
- Event Tracking
- Visual Workflows
- Custom Fields
Pros and Cons of Drip
- Fantastic customer service
- an affordable solution that provides great advanced autoresponder
- A tag-based structure
- Complex events and tracking
- Powerful visual automation builder
- Automatic resend to unopened announcements
- Integration with Zapier
- Migration is free
- Not a good choice for beginners
- Requires time and commitment for understanding properly
- Restricted split-testing ability
- Inadequate form builder
- Limited template library
- Not the cheapest email autoresponder service
- Not for the more casual online marketer
SendLane is best for eCommerce merchants. If you are into B2B or B2C industry then SendLane will be the best choice for you.
With the help of intelligence-driven and power of behavior-based email autoresponder service, you can convert your online shopper into your loyal customers.
SendLane has many competitors but to make it easy I will compare 2 close competitors Aweber and GetResponse.
|Number of Contacts||Sendlane price per month||Aweber price per month||GetResponse price per month (“Pro” plan)|
Pros and Cons of Drip
- Advanced workflows automation and segmentation
- Great support documentation
- Very easy to use a landing page and email editors
- Email retargeting and ROI tracking
- Affiliate Marketing Friendly
- No Free Plan (Only 14-day trial)
- Newer to market
- Instant migration process is not available
- Lack integrations
At the end your choice depends on your needs. Everyone’s needs vary so never pay heads others choice as their needs may be different from yours.
If you want to play safe then it’s better to start with ConvertKit’s free plan of 100 subscribers and then try others one by one.
And then make a decision which one you liked the most and which one is providing you value for money.
What are your thoughts on the best autoresponder for affiliate marketing? Let me know in the comments.